If you are an Artsy Starter you have probably already been busy exploring veggies in art with us this fall semester! In particular my Little Artist loves the work of Arcimboldo during this season. Grab a seat with your little one and take a peek at this Smithsonian video of Arcimboldo's work:
- Go to your local farm or grocery store and let your child select a few different types of vegetables! If you have vegetables ready to be picked from your own garden - even better!
- Cut the vegetables in halves and reserve one half for snacking and the other for stamping!
- Set out some tempera paint on a paper plate, a large sheet of plain white paper, and the bowl of cut up veggie halves that have not been gobbled up by your little one.
- Dip each veggie into the paint and stamp onto the paper.
- Proudly display your culinary masterpiece!