So! One thing we've discovered about chapter books for preschoolers is that they are chock full of buddies. In fact, unique pairings of friends abound in both picture books and read alouds. We thought we would share a few of our recent favourites with you! Hope it strengthens the friendship between you and your Little Reader too!
- Frog & Toad: Of course! My particular favourite is the one where poor Toad is nervous to be seen in his swim trunks. Hee hee!
- Morris & Borris: Harder to find but completely hysterical. We grew up on Morris the moose taking everything waaaay too literally and driving Boris nuts.
- Mouse & Mole: A new discovery (make sure you get the ones by Yee) and entirely enchanting reading.
- Marvin & James: A boy and his cricket pal make an unlikely pairing but it just works, y'know?
- George & Martha: Another platonic pairing that's been around for decades. Simple stories remind of frog and toad but can be a bit pithier and sarcastic.
- Bear & Mouse: A picture book series that balances a glass-half empty kind of bear with an entirely adorable mouse who just wants to have fun with his friend.